This will be our last cross country competition as a full team. After this are the relays, where we choose teams. We are really looking forward to this event as we help to organise it.
We walk to this event so if you are able to walk with us that would be great. We will leave school at 12.45pm. Please remember that we will not be walking back to school so make arrangements to collect your child from Cantley. However, if your child attends after school club on this day we will support you in ensuring they get back to school.
Here are the details-
Date: Thursday 29th February 2024
· Walk the course from 1pm
· Briefing at 1.45pm with Mrs Foster (St Paul’s) – children and team managers only
First Race yr 3/4 girls – 2.00pm
Second Race yr 3/4 boys – 2.15pm
Third race Yr 5/6 girls – 2.30pm
Fourth race Yr 5/6 boys -2.45pm
Car parking: Message to all DRIVERS
● Car parking is very limited in Cantley Park. Please carshare where possible, this is very important!
● Once parking at Cantley is exhausted please do not park on residents’ driveways or have two wheels on pavements.
● Please note we are not allowed to park in the hotel area.
● Please park responsibly to save our future at Cantley Park.
● Please respect the Car Park Marshalls as they are volunteers!
● Parking is also available in Wokingham town centre which is a short walk from Cantley Park.
Race Assembly Area:
The assembly area is next to the new playground near the Tennis Centre.
Toilets and refreshments:
These are located inside the Cafe on the right hand side as you enter inside. There is an excellent café on the left hand side that we are allowed to use.
There is a good wide start and it’s a very visible open course. The course is fairly flat but can be extremely muddy. Spikes are NOT SUITABLE.
Year 3/4 – 1.4Km approx.. –
Year 5/6 – 1.8Km approx..
Thank you and look forward to seeing you there.
Mrs Somerville and Miss Connelly