Good morning everyone,
We hope you have all had a lovely half term doing lots of fun things around the house and your local area with your family. We have been enjoying the sunshine and had a couple of dinners in the garden too 🙂
Today is the start of the last half term of this year and our new topic is all about food. Us teachers have been thinking about food a lot more during lockdown, planning grocery shopping carefully and definitely eating more meals at home. We’ve been trying to get creative thinking about new lunches and dinners to have and I’m sure your families have been as well.
This half term we are going to be:
- reading recipes and writing our own
- looking at art based on food
- doing some cooking in DT
- measuring ingredients in maths
- doing science experiments using food
- doing a weather study to see what foods might grow well in our climate
- learning about potatoes through history
We hope you enjoy the week we have planned!
Stay safe and well,
The Year 3 Team