Staff at Keep Hatch are qualified to offer OLEVI training, including the Creative Teacher Programme (CTP) and the Outstanding Teacher Programme (OTP). Please contact us if you would like more information, or to book a course.
1 to 1 Teaching Assistant
We are looking for a 1 to 1 teaching assistant.
Responsibilities will include:
- supporting learning for an individual pupil under the guidance of the classroom teacher/SENDCO
- undertaking the activities and strategies agreed for individual pupils
- assisting in liaison with other professionals respecting confidentiality and contributing to the observation, record keeping and assessment of pupils
- working in partnership with parents; sharing information for the benefit of the children and providing relevant information as required
- aiding the teacher in classroom behaviour management, reinforcing the school’s behaviour expectations
- accompanying individuals or small groups of children around school
- attending staff training, after school meetings, school educational trips and special occasions in the school’s annual calendar (if appropriate)
We will need you to have:
- a passion for our school’s vision
- high expectations for all pupils so that they are motivated and inspired
- warmth, care and sensitivity in dealing with children
- the ability to reflect upon experience and respond positively to feedback in order to further improve professional practice
- a sense of responsibility
- the ability to use initiative when the need arises
- flexibility for change
- the enjoyment of a challenge
If you are enthusiastic and dedicated, and want to be part of a school where you are valued, come and visit Keep Hatch for yourself. Our friendly team would be happy to show you around.
To make an appointment to visit the school, please contact Mrs Pauline Leek on 0118 978 4859 or via email at email@example.com. Please also make any applications to the same email address.
Closing date: Tuesday 10th March, 2020
Shortlisting date: Wednesday 11th March, 2020
Interview date: week commencing March 16th, 2020
Start date: as soon as possible
Pay Scale – Grade 3 SCP 14 (£9.16 per hour), 6.25 hours per week, part time and term time only.
We are looking for caring and patient candidates to join our supportive team of Lunchtime Assistants. In this role, any successful applicants would supervise and ensure the welfare of the children during the lunchtime period. Responsibilities also include supporting the behaviour of the children and ensuring they are engaged in suitable and enjoyable play time activities. This role also includes the set up and tidying of the hall including putting out the tables and chairs for lunch, and overseeing the pupils whilst they eat and clear away their plates.
Experience of working in a school is desirable but not essential. On-the-job training will be provided.
Please be advised that applications will be reviewed upon receipt and interviews arranged accordingly so timely applications are recommended.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the Support Staff application form.
Contact: Mrs Pauline Leek firstname.lastname@example.org 0118 978 4859
Please see our Lunchtime assistant Job Description for further details.