Staff at Keep Hatch are qualified to offer OLEVI training, including the Creative Teacher Programme (CTP) and the Outstanding Teacher Programme (OTP). Please contact us if you would like more information, or to book a course.
High Level Teaching Assistant
We are looking to appoint a fully qualified Higher Level Teaching Assistant to start in January 2020.
Candidates will require:
- HLTA qualification
- Experience of working with pupils across KS1/ KS2
- To be proactive and work as a good team player, with members of staff and pupils alike
Main responsibilities of HLTA role (this list is not exhaustive, please see separate job description):
- To be responsible for the delivery of learning without the class teacher being present, ensuring that high levels of behaviour and engagement are upheld
- If required, due to the nature of the cover, plan lessons and prepare resources to teach to the class
- To assist in the provision of a welcoming, stimulating environment and the smooth running of the school
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
- To attend relevant meetings and contribute to the overall work/aims of the school, supporting the roles of other colleagues and professionals to enable the school to fulfil its development plans
- To provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement
- To undertake basic record keeping in respect of pupil learning, behaviour management, child protection etc. as directed in order to support the teacher in delivering the specific learning programmes set for each pupil
- To contribute to review meetings and monitoring procedure (where necessary)
- To encourage acceptance and inclusion of pupils with SEN
If you wish to apply, please complete the application form.
Closing date: Friday 6th December
Shortlisting date: Monday 9th December
Interview date: Wednesday 11th December