Wow! This afternoon, the Puffins and Sparrows really impressed all of the adults during their first (and our first!) sharing assembly. The children looked super in their costumes, behaved so beautifully, spoke with confidence and enjoyed showing off some of the things we have busy learning about. We were all blown away by their Bhangra dance which they have been working very hard to perfect over the last few weeks. We hope that all of the audience enjoyed the special surprise as much as the children did. It was lovely to see so many of you having fun and joining in with your child (and your faces when we said it was your turn to dance!)
For any Parents/Carers that could not make the sharing assembly, please look out when you come in for Parents’ evening next week as the video and photographs will be on a loop in the classrooms.
For those of you keen dancers out there, please find a link to our Bhangra dance music below accompanied by the choreography.
Song : Pyar Ka Colour Soniye (you can type this into Youtube/ iTunes/ Spotify)
Click here to go straight to the music!
1. Bhangra Dab- facing away on knees. Slowly get up and turn around whilst having twisty free time (until music change)
2. Snake Charmer (hands together in prayer until music change)
3. Super Chop (palms up, hop on spot, 2 on each side until music change, 16 total)
4. Jumping light bulbs (2 on each side until music change, 16 total)
5. Running elephants (counts of 4, alternate, 4 times total)
6. Springs (knee up and hop, 1 on each side, 8 total)
7. Pushes (step to one side, 2 on each side, 6 total)
8. Spring rolls (bounce, 2 on each side, 8 total)
9. Heartbeat (bounce, 2 on each side, 8 total)
10. Criss cross with twisting lightbulbs (alternate, 4 total)
11. Wiping windows (alternate, 4 total)
12. Finish with bhangra dabbing