The Puffins and Sparrows have been practising using a knife and fork to cut up their food.The session began with an excellent performance of what NOT to do when eating a hot dinner followed by a demonstration of how to use cutlery appropriately. After this, the children made food using playdough and practised cutting it using a knife and fork.
Why not make your own playdough food at home and practise using cutlery using our easy recipe below?
· 2 cups plain flour
· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 1/2 cup salt
· 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
· Up to 1.5 cups boiling water (adding in increments until it feels just right)
· food colouring (optional)
· few drops glycerine (optional- adds more shine!)
· Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl
· Add food colouring TO the boiling water then into the dry ingredients (colour optional)
· Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough
· Add the glycerine (optional)
· Allow it to cool down then take it out of the bowl and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone. * This is the most important part of the process, so keep at it until it’s the perfect consistency!*
· (If it remains a little sticky then add a touch more flour until just right)