The Puffins and Sparrows have been busy learning about India. We have enjoyed learning about the different landmarks, weather, traditions and animals that live in India as well as learning about Rangoli patterns and answering the register in Hindi. We were even lucky enough to have a special visitor called Mrs Millington who spoke to us about India and brought in clothes, vegetables, spices and food. The Dance Studio has also opened and the children are particularly enjoying showing off their dance moves and exploring sound with instruments.
A particular highlight from our topic was the Puffins and Sparrows very first sharing assembly. The children behaved so beautifully, spoke with confidence and enjoyed showing off some of the things we have busy learning about. We were all blown away by their Bhangra dance which they have been working very hard to perfect over the last few weeks. We hope that all of the audience enjoyed the special surprise as much as the children did. It was lovely to see so many of you having fun and joining in with your child (and your faces when we said it was your turn to dance!)
For those of you keen dancers out there, please find a link to our Bhangra dance music below accompanied by the choreography.
Song : Pyar Ka Colour Soniye (you can type this into Youtube/ iTunes/ Spotify)
Click here to go straight to the music!
1. Bhangra dab- facing away on knees. Slowly get up and turn around whilst having twisty free time (until music change)
2. Snake charmer (hands together in prayer until music change)
3. Super chop (palms up, hop on spot, 2 on each side until music change, 16 total)
4. Jumping light bulbs (2 on each side until music change, 16 total)
5. Running elephants (counts of 4, alternate, 4 times total)
6. Springs (knee up and hop, 1 on each side, 8 total)
7. Pushes (step to one side, 2 on each side, 6 total)
8. Spring rolls (bounce, 2 on each side, 8 total)
9. Heartbeat (bounce, 2 on each side, 8 total)
10. Criss cross with twisting lightbulbs (alternate, 4 total)
11. Wiping windows (alternate, 4 total)
12. Finish with Bhangra dab!