I have attached the course maps for this race if you would like to view them before next weeks competition.
Welcome back to cross country.
Our first competition is at Cantley Park. We help run this competition so will be slightly different to the others – see below. A letter will be sent home within the next couple of days.
Thames Valley Running League – Season 2018-2019
Venue: Cantley Park
Date: Thursday 4th October 2018
Time: Walk round the course any time from 2pm onwards
Schools Briefing: 2:45pm
- First Race Yr 3/4 Girls: 3pm
- Second Race Yr 3/4 Boys: 3:15pm
- Third Race Yr 5/6 Girls: 3:30pm
- Fourth Race Yr 5/6 Boys: 3:45pm
If you wish to take photos (for personal and school purposes only) you will need to sign in at the organisers table on the day.
- 3/4 Course – approx. 1400m
- 5/6 Course – approx. 1800m
Spikes are not permitted due to areas of hard ground.
Keep Hatch staff will be walking the children to this event, therefore you do not have to provide transport to the event. They will be leaving school at 1:30pm. If you are able to walk with us please do. As with every event you are more than welcome and encouraged to come and support your child and the school but remember car parking is very limited. You will be able to take your child home after their race as long as you sign them out. We will NOT be walking any child back to school.
Marshals and recorder – As Keep Hatch are hosting this event we do not need marshals on the course but three for car parking. We would arrive at the venue early at 1pm. Once the car park is full you are then free to go and watch your child run. We had some problems with car parking last year and as a result every school in the league has been asked to inform all drivers that abuse will not be tolerated and the school they are from will be informed. If you can help marshal the car park please let the school office know.
We will also need to provide a recorder to record our results. If you would like to do this role, please be aware you must be able to stay until the last race.
Car Parking – Message to all drivers
- Car parking is very limited to Cantley Park. Please carshare where possible or walk.
- Once parking at Cantley is exhausted please do not park on residents’ driveways or have two wheels on pavements.
- Please note we are not allowed to park in the hotel area.
- Please respect the car park marshalls as they are volunteers! Abuse will not be tolerated and your school will be contacted.
- Parking is also available in Wokingham town centre which is a short walk from Cantley Park.
This is a lovely first competition so we hope you are able to come.
If you have any further questions please come and ask.