Ciao from Italia!
What a brilliant time we have had learning all about Italy. We started the topic by making maps, painting flags and preparing Mount Vesuvius and the Leaning Tower of Pisa. The Puffins and Sparrows have also been exploring subtraction at the Pizza Takeaway, ‘painting’ the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, creating a restaurant menu, making Italian phrase books, designing pizzas using 2D shapes and even invited a scientist into school to help us make Mount Vesuvius erupt! To finish the topic, we went into the Keep Hatch school kitchen and made margherita pizzas.
Why not try and learn some Italian at home by clicking here?
Or… why not have a go at making some margherita pizzas at home using our super easy recipe?
Mini Pizza Recipe
Ingredients (makes 8 mini pizzas)
250g strong white bread flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tsp yeast
150 ml warm water
Mozzerella cheese (half ball)
Grated cheese (sprinkle)
Pizza sauce (few teaspoons)
1. Preheat oven to 200c or 180c fan oven- gas mark 6. Line trays with greaseproof paper- flour them.
2. Put the flour and salt into a bowl and mix together. Dilute the yeast into warm water and add to mixture.
3. Make a well in the centre and pour the water into it.
4. Mix all of the ingredients together and put it onto a floured surface. Knead and leave to rise.
5. Separate the dough into 8 pieces. Mould into a shape with hands. Dough should be approximately 1cm thick.
6. Add the pizza sauce, cheese and basil.
7. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
8. When the pizza is ready, the bottom should be browned.